Mastering the Basic Conditions of Employment Act
Practical Tips for Payroll and HR Professionals
BCEA Seminar 2023
Presented by Andrew Levy
Elevate Your Payroll and HR Skills: Join the BCEA Seminar Tailored for Professionals Like You
Join our BCEA seminar designed for payroll and HR professionals. Gain practical knowledge of the Basic Conditions of Employment Act, as well as relevant aspects of the Labour Relations Act and the Employment Equity Act.
Learn how to swiftly identify and manage common employment issues, saving time and resources. The seminar will cover the Labour relations guidelines for dismissal, medical boarding, pay equity, pay confidentiality , wage vs remuneration calculation and pay audits, with practical tips and advice to manage tricky questions arising from these aspects of labour law.
The seminar is based on real-world examples from case law and is suitable for both experienced professionals and those new to the field.
Increase your value and confidence in your contribution to the payroll or HR function with our informative and practical seminar.
You’ve always wanted to know …
- Discover the correct method of calculating the date of dismissal according to the LRA!
- Unveil the mystery of medical boarding: Who pays for the waiting period, and what are the employer’s obligations?
- The truth about pay discrimination: What does the LRA say about pay equality for contractors, brokers, and part-timers?
- Breaking the rules: Labour law says salaries are not confidential, contrary to what employers think!
- Learn everything about disclosing payroll information to unions or employees: Who can demand it, when, and how?
- Understanding the minimum wage calculation: Why can’t you add in benefits, allowances, housing, or anything else?
- Demystifying remuneration, wage, benefits, and allowances: Why it’s vital for payroll people to know, and it’s not what you think!
- Pay audits: What are they, how often should you do them, and what do you need to look at?
Who should attend the BCEA Seminar?
About Andrew Levy
Get ready to meet one of South Africa’s most renowned labour experts – Andrew Levy!
With over four decades of experience, Andrew is not only a highly respected author and commentator but also a sought-after seminar presenter. He has acted as an arbitrator on various panels, including being one of the founding CCMA commissioners.
Andrew holds a Masters degree in both Labour Economics and Labour Law and consults with a wide range of organisations on labour relations management, specialising in wage strategy and strike management.
His clients benefit from his unique strategic advice, insight, and direction. Andrew has honed his expertise and methodologies since 1979, earning a reputation as a thought leader and commentator on local and international labour markets and employment relations.
Don’t miss out on the chance to learn from the best in the business!
Register for the BCEA Seminar