BE PAYROLL TAX READY
Payroll Tax Update
Join Payroll Expert Rob Cooper
and ex-SARS PAYE Specialist Niel Nel
for an important Payroll event
Changes to Payroll Tax Legislation are Unfolding
The changes proposed by the recently released Tax Amendment Bills that will impact payroll offices and payroll systems will be explained in this morning seminar.
To ensure that employers remain up to date with latest developments, Rob Cooper and ex-SARS PAYE specialist Niel Nel, will explain the changes and their impact on payroll offices in the 2023 Mid-Year Payroll Tax Update seminar.
What you will get from the seminar is
- The legal framework explained in simple terms
- SARS important rulings
- Step-by-step details of the administration and tax requirements
- Practical examples to make the provisions clear
- ‘Best practice’ recommendations
- A detailed workbook for later reference purposes.
Some of the topics that will be covered in the seminar
2023 Mid-Year Interim Tax Certificate submissions
- The requirements for this year’s Interim tax certificate submissions will be explained.
Vision 2024 PAYE Reform
- The webinar will include an overview of the significant progress that has been made this year regarding the submission of employee tax certificates on a monthly basis.
Two-pot retirement system
- The Bills proposing significant changes from last year to this important new requirement to enable pre-retirement access to a portion of one’s retirement assets, while preserving the remainder for retirement have been published.
Depending on progress, any other important tax matters that are currently under discussion will be included in the seminar.
As always with these presentations, questions are welcome, and you will be provided with the slides as well as a comprehensive workbook for later reference purposes.
Book now to secure your seat and to join us to understand how these changes will affect your company.
About Rob Cooper
Rob is a founding member of the PAGSA, a body that represents the payroll industry in discussions with the statutory bodies.
As chairman of the PAGSA, his focus over the past 30 years has been on the diverse legislation that governs the employment and payroll industry.
He is held in high regard as an employment tax expert and is a respected writer and presenter at tax seminars and workshops around the country.
About Neil Nel
Niel Nel started working for the Port Elizabeth branch of SARS in 1977 when it was still Inland Revenue and retired from SARS on 31 January 2023.
During these many years of distinguished service, Niel acquired a National Diploma in Tax and Financial Accounting and was instrumental in the implementation of the Employees’ Tax (PAYE) system, the codified electronic certificates, the automation of the PAYE reconciliation system and the subsequent e@syFile and eFiling systems, as well as the Skills Development and the UIF Contribution processes, and the Employment Tax Incentive.
Over the years, Niel collaborated with the PAGSA and other external stakeholders and managed the SARS/PAGSA relationship from March 2020 until his retirement. He is now a Managing member of the PAGSA.