The Written Law (Miscellaneous Amendment) Act No.10 of 2022 assented on 22 December 2022, amended the Zanzibar Social Security Fund Act, No.2 of 2005 by increasing the total monthly employer contribution from 13% to 14%, effective January 2023.
This is due to the added employment injury benefit of 1% paid by the employer.
Click here to access the Act.
Social Security Fund Contributions
• Previously, the ZSSF employer contribution was 13%. This contribution rate has increased to 14%, effective January 2023.
• The employee contribution remains at 7%.
Impact of the Zanzibar ZSSF Employer Contribution Increase on PaySpace
• The new increased employer contribution percentage has been applied, effective January 2023.
• The following adjustment component can be used to make the necessary adjustments: ZSSF Employer Adjustment (Tax code ZSSFER).
• All Zanzibar customers are advised to recalculate their payroll.
Should you have any questions regarding the Zanzibar ZSSF Employer Contribution Increase, please feel free to visit our Support page for more ways to get in touch, or email us at [email protected]
The PaySpace Team