The Finance Act 2023 was published on 30 June 2023 amending the Vocational Education and Training Act.
The following SDL amendments are effective 01 July 2023:
• The SDL levy has been decreased from 4% to 3.5%
• The Minister responsible for finance may, in consultation with the Minister responsible for education and by order published in the Gazette, exempt any person from paying SDL levy, provided that such exemption is for public interest.
Please click here for the Finance Act 2023.
Impact of the Tanzania Skills Development Levy Amendments on PaySpace
• The above changes for Skills Development Levy have been implemented on the system effective 01 July 2023.
• The Zanzibar rate of 5% remains unchanged.
• All Tanzanian customer payrolls have been recalculated.
• If the July payroll is already closed, adjustments must be made utilising the Skills Development Levy Adjustment component on the next open run.
• No other statutory changes have been announced.
Should you have any questions regarding the Tanzania Skills Development Levy Amendments, please feel free to visit our Support page for more ways to get in touch, or email us at [email protected]
The PaySpace Team