RSA Bi-Annual Submission 2022-2023 Notice
This year, the Employer Interim Reconciliation Declaration (EMP501) submission period opened on 19 September 2022 and closes on 31 October 2022. Employers are required to reconcile their Monthly Employer Declarations (EMP201) for the first six months of a Reconciliation Year (1 March 2022 to 31 August 2022). These reconciliations are based on the Monthly Employer Declarations (EMP201) submitted, with the tax values of the interim IRP5/IT3(a)s certificates generated, accurate payroll information, employees’ tax (PAYE) payments made, thereafter an Employer’s Reconciliation Declaration (EMP501) is submitted.
[email protected] version 7.2.8 has been released for the RSA Bi-Annual Submission 2022-2023 period, but SARS confirmed that they are currently experiencing software issues regarding the EMP201 declared liabilities not pre-populating on the EMP501 return. SARS has communicated this issue as critical and will be releasing a fix by early next week.
The following changes have been made to the tax submission file for the 2022-2023 Bi-Annual Submission period as per the South African Revenue Authority (SARS) Business Requirements Specifications (BRS):
- New source code 3234 for Directive Type Indicator has been introduced to cater for fixed PAYE/Amount Directives in the tax file
- Source code 6020 now includes 4582 to 4587 and 7009 in the tax file
- Source code 6030 now includes 4582 to 4587 in the tax file
- Source code 3220 for an annuitant with multiple income sources (Par 2(2B)) as flagged on the Tax profile screen will be set to “Y -Yes” in the tax file
- The validation rule on the number of directives an employee can have in the tax year has been changed to use tax records and will no longer validate per tax year. If multiple tax records for the same employee are generated in the same tax year, the directives will now be limited to 5 per tax record.
For more information, please refer to release note # 42124.
The below enhancements have also been added to the Tax Certificate Run screen:
- Create final tax certificates for terminated employees (see release note # 45364)
- Resubmission with new tax certificate numbers for all employees in the frequency (see release note # 453641)
The impact of the RSA Bi-Annual Submission 2022-2023 on PaySpace
- Please note that we have identified an issue where employees who received reimbursed kilometres (3702/3703) prior to the August payroll period, these tax codes are not included in the total SARS source codes 3699 (Gross Remuneration) /3696 (Gross Non-Taxable Income).
- If the reimbursed kilometres were captured correctly on the system, PaySpace will recalculate the SARS source codes 3696 and 3699 before the end of September.
Should you have any questions regarding the RSA Bi-Annual Submission 2022-2023, please feel free to visit our Support page for more ways to get in touch, or email us at [email protected].
The PaySpace Team